- Sunday, September 4 – Celebrate September birthdays!
- Monday, September 5 – Labor Day Holiday!
- Tuesday, September 6 – Feeding the Hungry! School begins for Federal Way students!
- Thursday, September 8 – Men’s Group!
- Tuesday, September 13 – Leadership Team Meeting!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway.J Your help is welcome and greatly appreciated!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for one or more of our homebound, please let the office know.
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY RESUMES SEPTEMBER 11!
Our 7-week Fall series is entitled Old Self…New Self. In this series, we will examine the transformative work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. We enter new life in Christ just as we are, saved by grace, and by the very presence of the living God now dwelling within us, we begin to change into his image! While only God can cause this growth, we are called to work with the Spirit in this lifelong process of transformation. Where are you in this process? Using Ephesians 4-5 as our text, we will gently and courageously look at our “old self” compared to our “new self” in light of our ultimate goal of walking and talking like Jesus. Each week we will look at the spectrum of negative versus positive habits and Biblical characters who displayed them. Come with open hearts to the ongoing work of the Spirit who is transforming us into Jesus’ image with ever-increasing glory! Please join us on Sundays at 8:45 a.m. starting September 11.
MIDWEEK POTLUCK TO RESUME SEPTEMBER 15!
Beginning on Thursday, September 15, we will resume our mid-week potlucks! Stay tuned for more information.😊
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last week Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 12. Interestingly, this passage is written to several house churches – similar to us – Midway, Ministerio, and Marshallese UCC!
- The Apostle Paul is encouraging these house churches (and us) to understand and put into ________ their calling to be one Body.
- For all of us who have bowed the knee in surrender to Christ, we already are one Body, no matter what church we attend, what color our skin, or what language we speak!
- By the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we are soul brothers and sisters in Christ, chosen by Him to do life together!
- The main point is: Our love must be sincere, i.e., it must be genuine/without hypocrisy/not an act.
- The godly agape love that Paul speaks about is genuine and ___________ – in all situations.
- When we slip into wearing masks – one for home, one for work, one for church, etc, – we reduce the sincere love of Christ to an insincere act.
- In verse 9, Paul ________ us to hate what is evil and cling to what is good.
- Pastor Shaun said it requires a letting go. We need to stop using the excuse: “I can’t let go of that!” Instead, we are to: (1) be repulsed by, and lock the gate to, those things that are evil, and (2) identify and cling to those things that are good.
- If we have truly ________ the knee in surrender to Christ as Lord and Savior, we’ve given Him access to the entirety of our life. We can’t be blocking access to certain hidden places!
- Pastor Shaun exhorts us to “Let Christ inside you compel you and mold you into what is good. Allow yourself to be transformed!”
- As we cling to what is good, walk in obedience, and ______ Him to transform us, we are able to follow His instructions to devote ourselves to one another!
|bowed consistent allow practice instructs|
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
A sergeant-major fixed his eyes on the new recruit. “Soldier,” he growled, “I didn’t see you at camouflage training this morning!” The recruit replied, “Thank you, sir.”
1. Praise God that Midway, Marshallese, and Ministerio are one Body in Christ!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that is meeting on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors!
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
September 4: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 13:1-14
September 11: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 14:1-23
September 18: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 15:1-13
September 25: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 15:14-22
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays @ Tuscany’s, 8:00 a.m.
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.