- Sunday, August 28 – Joint Service/Fellowship Luncheon!
- Tuesday, August 30 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Thursday, September 1 – Men’s Group! School begins for Highline students!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Choir: If you would be interested in singing in a Midway choir, talk to Laura or Erica !
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway.J If you’re available to help Dennis out, come by during the week. You’ll get the added blessing of his company!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for one or more of our homebound, please let the office know.
JOINT SERVICE / FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEON!
Please plan to join us this Sunday, August 28, as we worship together with our sister churches! Look forward to being blessed by special music from the Marshallese United Church of Christ! Immediately after the service, we will have a pull-out-all-the-stops buffet that you won’t want to miss! Entrees include ribs, chicken, tilapia, salads, hot dogs, and decadent desserts! Anyone who would like to bring something is encouraged to do so – we need beverages!
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last week Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 12. He explained that the Christian _____ is meant to be a metamorphosis, a transformation!
- We are called to be living sacrifices, dying to the selfishness of the ______ around us so that we can live surrendered-to-Jesus lives!
- We are not supposed to pattern ________ after this world. Our goal is not to look like, sound like, and be like those around us who don’t know Jesus.
- Rather, we are to be Kingdom-minded! We are meant to be different! We are meant to stand ____!
- By going against the ______, we will be noticed.
- When people ask: “What’s wrong with you?” “Why won’t you just conform?” we have an opportunity! We can respond in love, explaining that God, the giver of life, has ___________ our hearts, and we don’t want to keep that good news to ourselves!
- In addition to being transformed, we have been ______ spiritual gifts – not to puff ourselves up, but to help each other, and in the process be built up together in love!
- May God give us boldness to stand firm, and strength to persevere!
|grain ourselves life transformed given out world|
PLAYGROUND COMPLETION POSTPONED
The Playground Completion Day is being rescheduled. We will notify everyone of the new date once it has been determined. Thank you to all who are planning to participate…what a blessing to have so many willing workers!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
A boy who lived on a farm with no indoor plumbing disliked the outhouse because it was hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and smelly all year round. It stood near a creek, and the boy like to picture it falling in and floating away. One day after a heavy spring rain, the creek had risen significantly. The boy couldn’t resist. He pushed the rickety structure into the creek and watched it disappear. That evening his dad called him to come into the den. Though he knew he was in trouble, the boy innocently asked his father why he wanted to see him. “Someone pushed the outhouse into the creek,” Dad said. “It was you, wasn’t it?” The boy hung his head and admitted it was. “But,” he added, “remember that when George Washington chopped down the cherry tree, he didn’t get in trouble because he told the truth?” “Yes, son,” Dad said, “but when he chopped down the cherry tree, his father wasn’t it it.”
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
THANK YOU TO…
The Marshallese Church for the magnificent entrees you are preparing for Sunday’s joint service!
The Marshallese women who made the three lovely, handcrafted wall-hangings for the church, depicting the Star of David, the Manger, and the Cross!
The Ministerio Church for the wonderful worship music you have planned for Sunday’s joint service!
1. Praise God for His transforming, difference-making presence in our lives!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that is meeting on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors!
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
August 28: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 12:9-21
September 4: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 13:1-14
September 11: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 14:1-23
September 18: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 15:1-13
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays @ Tuscany’s, 8:00 a.m.
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.