- Tuesday, August 23 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Thursday, August 25 – Men’s Group!
- Sunday, August 28 – Joint Service!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Choir: If you would be interested in singing in a Midway choir, talk to Laura or Erica!
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway. If you’re available to help Dennis out, come by during the week. You’ll get the added blessing of his company!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for one or more of our homebound, please let the office know.
Just a reminder that we have a Deacon Fund to assist those in our church family who are struggling. You may give to this fund by noting “Deacon’s Fund” on your check or offering envelope. Thank you for caring for and blessing those in need!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
AS DEFINED BY YOUNG CHILDREN:
Fast Days – the days when you have to eat in a hurry; Lent – the fuzzy stuff under your bed; Joan of Arc – Noah’s wife; Parent – a bird that talks and should be obeyed; Epistle – the wife of an apostle
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last week Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 11. He reminded us that the Christian life is not a matter of the head; it’s a _______ of the heart.
- If you are a believer, Jesus is working in your heart to transform you from the inside out and make you who He wants you to ___! This is called sanctification.
- Interestingly, the Bible often refers to the Jews as a disobedient and obstinate people who know about God, but their hearts are ____ from him.
- How did Pastor Shaun say we should we respond when we hear the Jews (or anyone) described in this way? We should pray for them!
- Pastor said we as Christians are called to be _______________ of reconciliation.
- What that means is, we shouldn’t be anti-anyone! Instead, we should be about giving and sharing the love of Christ! We should be __________ of Jesus’ light to the world!
- If you are a believer, does the world around you know it?
- If you have not accepted Christ into your heart, know this: the Savior is standing at the _____ of your heart, knocking. If you invite Him in, He will give you a new heart and a new Spirit!
|ambassadors matter door far beacons be|
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
1. Praise for the light and love of Jesus that shines through us to draw others to Him!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that is meeting on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors!
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
August 21: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 12:1-8
August 28: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 12:9-21
September 4: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 13:1-14
September 11: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 14:1-23
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.