Newsletter for September 11-17, 2022
- Sunday, September 11 – Grandparents Day!
- Tuesday, September 13 – Feeding the Hungry!
Leadership Team Meeting!
- Thursday, September 15 – Midweek Potluck/Bible Study!
- Saturday, September 17 – Playground Installation Day!
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, IS GRANDPARENTS’ DAY!
Thank you, Grandmas and Grandpas, for all the ways you love us – spending time with us, encouraging us, taking us to fun places, telling us stories about our parents, and praying for us!
–Your grandkids 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY SEPTEMBER 11!
Our 7-week Fall series starts up on September 11! It is entitled Old Self…New Self. In this series, we will examine the transformative work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. We enter new life in Christ just as we are, saved by grace, and by the very presence of the living God now dwelling within us, we begin to change into his image! While only God can cause this growth, we are called to work with the Spirit in this lifelong process of transformation. Where are you in this process? Using Ephesians 4-5 as our text, we will gently and courageously look at our “old self” compared to our “new self” in light of our ultimate goal of walking and talking like Jesus. Each week we will look at the spectrum of negative versus positive habits and Biblical characters who displayed them. Come with open hearts to the ongoing work of the Spirit who is transforming us into Jesus’ image with ever-increasing glory! Please join us on Sundays at 8:45 a.m. starting September 11.
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY SEPTEMBER 15!
Beginning on Thursday, September 15, we will resume our mid-week potlucks! We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a side dish; L-R, please bring a dessert; S-Z, please bring a main dish.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last week Pastor Shaun preached from ________ 13. He reminded us that LOVE IS A VERB!
- God commands us to love – both believers and unbelievers – so they will ______ we are Citizens of God’s Kingdom!
- Since our all-knowing God has _____ us that the most important law is to love one another, we need to pay attention!
- What are some specific ways we are to show our love, according to this passage?
— By respecting our governing authorities. Verse 7 tells us to pay our _______ and government fees
and give respect and honor to those in authority.
— By paying our debts. Verse 8: “Owe no one anything—except for your ___________ to love them.”
- Verses 12-13 give instructions about choosing behavior that demonstrates God’s love:
— Don’t participate in the dark deeds of jealousy, _____________, drunkenness, and immoral living.
— Instead, ________ yourself with the presence of Jesus, and don’t let yourself think about ways to
indulge your evil desires.
|quarrelling told obligation Romans clothe taxes know|
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura Kelley or Erica Walker!
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway.J Your help is welcome and greatly appreciated!
Playground Work Day: Starting on Saturday, September 17, we will gather (for as many Saturdays as it takes) to assemble and install our new playground equipment. We invite workers to come prepared to roll up your sleeves and lend a hand!
1. Praise God for his Word that teaches us of His redeeming love so we can share it!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that is meeting on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors!
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
September 11: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 14:1-13
September 18: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 14:14-23
September 25: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 15:1-22
October 2: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 15:23-33
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
–If God is your co-pilot, switch seats immediately.
–Swallowing your pride rarely leads to indigestion.
–Many Christians are ready and willing to serve God – but only as advisors.
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays from 6-8 p.m.
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room