- Tuesday, October 11 – Feeding the Hungry! Leadership Team Meeting!
- Wednesday, October 12 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, October 13 – Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
In the fall Sunday Bible Study we are exploring the Spirit’s transformation work and our discipleship. Using Ephesians 4-5, we are gently and courageously looking at our “old self” compared to our “new self” in light of our ultimate goal of walking and talking like Jesus. Each week we look at the spectrum of a negative vs positive habit and a Biblical character revealing it. Come open to the ongoing work of the Spirit who is transforming us into Jesus’ image with ever-increasing glory! Please join us on Sundays at 8:45 a.m.
INVITING ALL WOMEN!
Ladies, please join us as we study God’s Word and pray together! Mug ‘N Muffin is an opportunity for women to gather on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, using a NavPress Life Change booklet. Women are welcome to choose their personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesday to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday! — Ruth Hill
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursdays for our midweek gathering. We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a dessert; L-R, please bring a main dish; S-Z, please bring a side dish.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald MacDicken continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ email@example.com.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last Sunday, Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 15:14-33. He said that Paul wrote Romans to provide guidance and instruction for _______ the Christian life.
- The Apostle Paul affirms the Romans for their goodness and receptivity to his teaching. He commends them for needing only gentle reminders in areas where they were struggling.
- Then Paul explains his ultimate goal for coming to them: I have brought you the Good News, and come alongside you in love, so that I might present you as an _________ offering to God!
- Paul longs for these believers to understand what it means to love God and one another so that they will be able to ______ before God one day and hear him say, “Well done, good and faithful servants.”
- Pastor Shaun said we have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, so His love should influence our ________.
- He said it is a daily choice to walk in His love; it doesn’t happen automatically.
- What does “walking in love” look like? It extends a hand; it comes alongside; it says, “I’m here for you.” It’s remembering that we all stumble and fall, and we all _____ each other’s extended hands to get back up.
- Just as importantly, godly love refuses to give up on someone or spread gossip about them.
- It chooses instead to bring them to God in prayer, plead the _______ of Christ over them, and wait in the wings to help them back up.
- As the Body of Christ, we need each other! We are meant to live in koinonia fellowship—praying for, loving, and building one another up in _____!
|stand blood living behavior need acceptable love|
A WORD FROM OUR MAF MISSIONARIES
Mark your calendars! Craig Hamlow, a Mission Aviation Fellowship missionary supported by Midway Community Covenant Church, will be here with us for our Sunday service on the 16th! After the service, he will show the MAF movie, The Ends of the Earth. I (Brad Hill) have seen this trailer; it’s awesome! Do plan on coming! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKlgkWCoKs
THANKSGIVING MEALS AT SEATTLE UNION GOSPEL MISSION!
From Scott Chin, UGM President
I’m asking you to join with other caring people in the greater Seattle area to help meet an urgent need. This Thanksgiving season, we expect to love and care for almost 80,000 hungry and homeless people throughout our community. Thanksgiving dinner is one of the biggest events of the year. These meals can be someone’s first step to finding a new path and lasting change through God’s love. Because each meal costs just $2.54, your gift will go further than you may have thought possible. Midway Family, if you would like to help UGM in this way, you will find some UGM Meal Tickets at the Welcome Counter in the Narthex, and you may attach these to your donations to the Union Gospel Mission.
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several outdoor projects in the works here at Midway. Your help is welcome and greatly appreciated!
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to one of the worship team!
1. Praise for Pastor Shaun and MJ and their faithfulness to God’s call on their lives!
2. Praise for our sister churches, Ministerio and Marshallese UCC, and their contagious godly love!
3. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that meets on Thursday nights.
4. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
6. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
7. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
8. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
Birthdays: none this week
Anniversaries: none this week
October 9: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 16
October 16: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 6
October 23: Don Paige, Ephesians 6:10-18
October 30: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 8
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room