October 2nd is the first Sunday of the month, and we have the privilege of celebrating communion together. If you will be joining the service via live stream, you are encouraged to prepare in advance.
- Saturday, October 1 – Church Grounds Work Day!
- Tuesday, October 4 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, October 5 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, October 6 – Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
- Tuesday, October 11 – Leadership Team Meeting!
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
In our 7-week Fall series, we are examining the transformative work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. By the very presence of the living God now dwelling within us, we begin to change into his image! We are called to work with the Spirit in this lifelong process of transformation. Where are you in this process? Using Ephesians 4-5 as our text each week, we will gently and courageously look at our “old self” compared to our “new self” in light of our ultimate goal of walking and talking like Jesus. Each week, we look at the spectrum of negative versus positive habits and Biblical characters who displayed them. Come with open hearts to the ongoing work of the Spirit who is transforming us into Jesus’ image with ever-increasing glory! Please join us on Sundays at 8:45 a.m.
INVITING ALL WOMEN!
Ladies, please join us as we study God’s Word and pray together! Mug ‘N Muffin is an opportunity for women to gather on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, using a NavPress Life Change booklet. Women are welcome to choose their personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesday to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday! — Ruth Hill
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursdays for our midweek gathering. We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald MacDicken continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last Sunday, Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 15:1-13. In this passage, the Apostle Paul exhorts us to live to please _______.
- Pastor Shaun said, “Rather than living to please yourself, live to bless ______ around you – for their good, and to build them up!”
- He explained that bearing with one another in love means _______ alongside and walking with each other. It means not letting the small things divide us.
- Rather than “grudgingly tolerating” certain people, we need to be inviting them _____ our lives to watch how we do things so they can imitate us.
- And when people reject our input or stumble and fall (as we all do), we need to respond with “I’m here for you,” and “I’ve __________ with that, too.”
- As we experience God as our Provider, our _______, and our Good God, we realize that it’s all about love!
- God created us to experience His love and express His praise! He lavishes His love on us so that we will: (1) pour His _____ into the lives of those around us, and (2) praise Him for His goodness!
|struggled those into Healer others love coming|
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
One Sunday afternoon, a young girl was watching her mother remove the shells from hardboiled eggs. She said to her mom, “Jesus must like those a lot.” Her mother asked, “Why do you think so?” The girl explained, “Today at church we sang, ‘Hard Eggs, Take Them all to Jesus.’”
A WORD FROM OUR MAF MISSIONARIES
OCTOBER 16…Mark your calendars! Save the Date!! Craig Hamlow, a Mission Aviation Fellowship missionary supported by Midway Community Covenant Church, will be here with us for our Sunday service on the 16th! During our fellowship after the service, he will show the MAF movie, The Ends of the Earth. I (Brad Hill) have seen this trailer…you should too.!! It is awesome! Do plan on coming!
THANK YOU TO…
The Marshallese Church for taking on the difficult and challenging task of clearing and mowing the steep embankment behind the Fellowship Hall building! Just WOW!
A kind neighbor of the church for letting us borrow their tractor to complete the process of leveling the foundation for the playground!
Pastor Shaun for operating that tractor and getting so much done on Friday! Thank you, Pastor, for all you do, seen and unseen, to serve Christ and your flock here at Midway. WE ARE SO BLESSED!
The workers who are helping with the playground on Saturdays!
1. Praise that God lavishes His love on us so that we can in turn love one another!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that meets on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
October 2: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 15:14-33
October 9: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 16
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room