- Sunday, October 16 – MAF Missionaries! Lighthouse Ministry!
- Tuesday, October 18 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, October 19 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, October 20 – Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
In the fall Sunday Bible Study, we are exploring the Spirit’s transformation work and our discipleship. Using Ephesians 4-5, we are gently and courageously looking at our “old self” compared to our “new self” in light of our ultimate goal of walking and talking like Jesus. Each week we look at the spectrum of a negative vs positive habit and a Biblical character revealing it. Come open to the ongoing work of the Spirit who is transforming us into Jesus’ image with ever-increasing glory! Please join us on Sundays at 8:45 a.m.
INVITING ALL WOMEN!
Ladies, please join us as we study God’s Word and pray together! Mug ‘N Muffin is an opportunity for women to gather on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, using a NavPress Life Change booklet. Women are welcome to choose their personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesday to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday! — Ruth Hill
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursdays for our midweek gathering. We share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a side dish; L-R, please bring a dessert; S-Z, please bring a main dish.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ email@example.com.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last Sunday, Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 16. In this final chapter of Romans, the Apostle Paul exhorts us to _________ Koinonia fellowship.
- What does that look like? It’s walking with one another; It’s bearing each other ___! It’s providing community for those who would __________ be isolated! It’s heeding the warning to watch out for divisive people! It’s extending a _____ when a brother or sister falls! It’s remembering that we are interwoven as one body and need that inter-connectedness to survive!
- We are called to break down walls of divisiveness and build bridges of reconciliation! Jesus’ encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well broke down a wall of _________ between Jews and Samaritans; Peter’s visit in the home of Cornelius, a Gentile, broke down a wall of separation between Jews and Gentiles.
- In verse 25, the Apostle Paul references a mystery which has now been _________! What is this mystery? Pastor Shaun encouraged us to think of it as the privilege of putting into practice this Koinonia fellowship and producing a beautiful ________ within the church of all populations, working hard together, to spread the love and Word of God.
|hand revealed mosaic up practice otherwise separation|
LIGHTHOUSE MINISTRY ON SUNDAY!
This Sunday, we have the privilege of learning about a local ministry that is bringing healing and hope to survivors of domestic abuse. Workers from Lighthouse Northwest will share their ministry’s impact on lives in our community, as well as communicate some ways that we as a church can prayerfully support their work.
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several outdoor projects in the works here at Midway. Your help is welcome and greatly appreciated!
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
A boy who was fearful of thunder refused to go up to his bedroom during a thunderstorm. His mother said, “There’s nothing to be afraid of. God will take care of you.” “I know,” the boy said, “but He can take care of us better if we’re all together.” His mother said, “But God is up in your room, and He can take care of you there.” The boy left reluctantly for his upstairs bedroom, but soon reappeared after a terrifying rumble shook the house. “Mama,” he said, “How about you go up and stay with God? I’m fine staying down here.”
THANK YOU TO…
The Leadership Team for your dedication to prayerful decision-making on behalf of your Midway family
The Prayer Warriors! God is hearing and answering, in His time and according to His will. Praise Him!
1. Praise for the diverse Body of Christ at Midway!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that meets on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
October 16: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 6
October 23: Don Paige, Ephesians 6:10-18
October 30: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 8
November 6: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 33
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- Church Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room