- Tuesday, October 25 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, October 26 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, October 27 – Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
In our fall Sunday Bible Study, we are exploring the Spirit’s transformation work and our discipleship. Using Ephesians 4-5, we are gently and courageously looking at our “old self” compared to our “new self” in light of our ultimate goal of walking and talking like Jesus. Each week we look at the spectrum of a negative vs positive habit and a Biblical character revealing it. Come open to the ongoing work of the Spirit who is transforming us into Jesus’ image with ever-increasing glory! Please join us on Sundays at 8:45 a.m.
INVITING ALL WOMEN!
Ladies, please join us as we study God’s Word and pray together! Mug ‘N Muffin is an opportunity for women to gather on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, using a NavPress Life Change booklet. Women are welcome to choose their personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesday to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday! — Ruth Hill
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursdays for our midweek gathering. We share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ email@example.com.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last Sunday, Pastor Shaun preached from Psalm 6. In this psalm, David was experiencing God’s chastisement and pleading for God’s _______.
- David didn’t deny his sin, nor was he questioning God’s discipline. He knew that our Sovereign God __________ those He loves.
- In his anguish of body and soul, David was focusing solely on his feelings – of being alone and unheard and sure that his death was imminent. As Pastor Shaun said, we ___ that!
- In Hebrews 12, it says “Do not be discouraged when you are rebuked by the Lord, for the Lord chastens those He loves in order to yield in them the peaceable fruit of ____________.”
- Pastor Shaun reminded us that our journey through this life is not meant to be easy or problem-free. We are all in the _________ of sanctification, and that requires going through challenges and difficulties.
- When going through such times, Pastor encourages us to hold tight to God’s ________ that He will never leave us or forsake us, and to remember that God is good, and His faithfulness is unchanging!
|righteousness disciplines process mercy promise do|
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several outdoor projects in the works here at Midway. Your help is welcome and greatly appreciated!
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
1. Praise for a Heavenly Father who will never leave us or forsake us!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that meets on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
October 23: Don Paige, Ephesians 6:10-18
October 30: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 8
November 6: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 33
November 13: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 46
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary, or online at live.midcov.org
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room