- Tuesday, November 1 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, November 2 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, November 3 – Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us at 8:45 a.m. on Sunday, October 30, as we begin a new study entitled: “How Happiness Happens.” In this 4-week study, Max Lucado shares the unexpected path to lasting happiness and joy. Based on the teachings of Jesus, this study challenges us to upset the apple carts of discontent and gloom in our lives by bringing happiness to those around us. What are we waiting for? Let’s open the unexpected door to joy and walk in!
INVITING ALL WOMEN!
Ladies, please join us as we study God’s Word and pray together! Mug ‘N Muffin is an opportunity for women to gather on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, using a NavPress Life Change booklet. Women are welcome to choose their personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesday to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday!
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursdays for our midweek gathering. We share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a dessert; L-R, please bring a main dish; S-Z, please bring a side dish.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last Sunday, Don preached from Ephesians 6. In this passage, the Apostle Paul reminds us of our need for God’s armor.
- Don said we need to know the enemy and seek the truth.
- Contrary to what people may think, the enemy is not other “difficult” people; rather, the enemy is the devil.
- It’s not enough to know who the enemy is. We also need to know his strategies! Don reminded us what they are: to divide and destroy our relationships, to deceive our minds with lies, and to get our focus off of God and onto the cares of this world.
- Ephesians 6:11 commands: “Put on all of God’s armor so you will be able to stand firm against all the strategies of the devil.”
|PIECE OF ARMOR||USE||APPLICATION|
|BELT||TRUTH||The devil’s lies can sound like God’s truth. We can defeat those lies with the ultimate source of truth – God’s Word.|
|BODY ARMOR||RIGHTEOUSNESS||When the devil tries to attack our heart (emotions, trust), God’s righteousness protects our heart and reminds us we are secure in His love.|
|SHOES||THE GOOD NEWS OF PEACE||These shoes are the motivation to keep telling the life-giving news that true peace is available in God. In so doing, we stomp on the devil’s lie that it’s no use and people won’t listen.|
|SHIELD||FAITH||With faith, we stop the devil’s arrows of temptation and setbacks. We see beyond our circumstances to the victory Jesus has already won for us.|
|SWORD||WORD OF GOD||God’s Word is our weapon of offense against the devil. When tempted, we need to trust in the truth of God’s Word.|
|HELMET||SALVATION||The devil wants us to doubt our salvation. The helmet protects our mind from doubting God’s saving work in our lives.|
- Don encouraged us to be persistent in prayer, remembering that God is the God of reconciliation, and that in the end, Jesus wins!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several outdoor projects in the works here at Midway. Your help is welcome!
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
Sound/Tech Team: If you have a desire to serve on the tech team and would like to be trained by none other than our very own Josh, let him know!
Reminder to Keep the Heat In! With the onset of cold weather, the church building’s heat is on. In order to keep our boiler system from breaking down, we cannot prop outside doors open during the winter months.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
You can’t make footprints in the sands of time while you’re sitting down.
People who fall for get-rich-quick schemes have been led astray by false profits.
One of the best places to put your troubles is in your pocket – the one with the hole in it.
1. Praise for the message from Don last Sunday that God has given us every piece of armor we need to withstand the devil’s attacks!
2. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that meets on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
October 30: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 8
November 6: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 33
November 13: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 46
November 20: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 84
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary, or online at live.midcov.org
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room