DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS THIS WEEKEND!
Remember to 😊set your clocks back😊 on Saturday night. Enjoy that extra hour of sleep!
- Sunday, November 6 – Communion Sunday! Honor our Veterans! Celebrate November Birthdays!
- Tuesday, November 8 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, November 9 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, November 10 – Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
- Tuesday, November 15 – Leadership Team Meeting!
- Wednesday, November 23 – Thanksgiving Eve Service at Resurrection Lutheran Church!
This Sunday, November 6, is the first Sunday of the month, and we have the privilege of celebrating communion together. If you will be joining the service via livestream, you are encouraged to prepare in advance.
HONORING OUR VETERANS
To all our Veterans, active and retired: Thank you for your service! We are grateful to you for serving in our nation’s military. We appreciate your love for God, family and country. Your service enables us to enjoy many freedoms, especially the freedom to gather together and worship our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Why are frogs always happy? They eat whatever bugs them.
What did the beaver say to the tree? Nice gnawing you.
What happened to the snail that lost its shell? It got sluggish.
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us at 8:45 a.m. on Sundays for our study: “How Happiness Happens.” In this 4-week study, Max Lucado shares the unexpected path to lasting happiness and joy. Based on the teachings of Jesus, this study challenges us to upset the apple carts of discontent and gloom in our lives by bringing happiness to those around us. What are we waiting for? Let’s open the unexpected door to joy and walk in! Facilitator: Gerald
INVITING ALL WOMEN!
Ladies, please join us as we study God’s Word and pray together! Mug ‘N Muffin is an opportunity for women to gather on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, using a NavPress Life Change booklet. Women are welcome to choose their personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesday to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday!
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursdays for our midweek gathering. We share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a side dish; L-R, please bring a dessert; S-Z, please bring a main dish.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ email@example.com.
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several outdoor projects in the works here at Midway. Your help is welcome!
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
Sound/Tech Team: If you have a desire to serve on the tech team and would like to be trained by none other than our very own Josh, let him know!
Reminder to Keep the Heat In! With the onset of cold weather, the church building’s heat is on. In order to keep our boiler system from breaking down, we cannot prop outside doors open during the winter months.
1. Praise that there is power in the name of Jesus. How Majestic is His Name!
2. Praise for Josh and the tech team and the hard work and excellence behind all they do, week in and week out!
3. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that meets on Thursday nights.
4. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
6. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
7. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
8. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
November 6: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 33
November 13: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 46
November 20: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Psalm 84
November 27, 1st Sunday of Advent: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Isaiah 2:1-5
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary, or online at live.midcov.org
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room