- Tuesday, May 31 – Outdoor Community Outreach BBQ at Noon!
- Sunday, June 5 – Pentecost Sunday! Communion Sunday! Celebrate June Birthdays!
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION STUDY!
From Tomb to Tongues: a 6-week study on the post-resurrection appearances of Jesus
Please join us this Sunday, May 29, at 8:45 a.m., as we continue this series. The tomb is empty—but the Holy Spirit has not yet come! Our Sunday Bible Study is focusing on the post-resurrection appearances of Jesus during the 40 days between his resurrection and his ascension before Pentecost. We will study the significance of each appearance and apply it to our own walk with Christ. This Sunday’s leader will be Ruth Hill teaching on The Ascension and the Great Commission. The text for this lesson will be Acts 1:6-14.
- Pastor Malcolm preached from _________ 2 last week. He said the book of Philippians is about joyful living and learning to be like Jesus.
- He reminded us that when we give our lives to Jesus, His charge to us is to be the _____ of the world!
- Giving our hearts to Jesus is just the _________. Verse 12 says, “continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.” How many of us take that instruction to heart?
- In this passage, the Apostle Paul give specific instructions for living joyfully and being a light:
(1) Love one another! (2) Fellowship with one another! (3) Don’t elevate yourself; instead, lift up those around you! (4) Instead of seeking to be
served, ______ others! (5) Obey the Lord! (6) Hold tightly to His Word! (7) Do all things without complaining or disputing (even about jury duty)!
- When we are followers of Jesus, we are going to shine—one way or the other. Question: When ______ look at your life and at my life, what do they see?
- If we’re blending in with the world by living for the here and ____, there won’t be much, if any, difference.
- If we’re living to please Jesus, and saying “No!” to the devil’s snares, our lights will shine—no matter how dark the world around us is! In fact, the darker the night or circumstance, the _______ your light will shine!
- Remember, light overcomes _________, not the other way around.
- When people look at your life, what do they ____?
|people brighter Philippians see darkness beginning now serve light|
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
DONATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE OF UKRAINE
If you would like a way to securely and effectively help the people of Ukraine, Covenant World Relief provides a way to give. Donors can be sure their money is going to bring relief and resources to the people. Here is a link to their giving website: https://giving.covchurch.org/priorities-detail/ukraine-response
6K FOR WATER A SUCCESS!
On May 21st, 25,000 people did the 6K for Water. This is a World Vision event that benefits primarily the people in D.R. Congo. Brad and Ruth joined with a group sponsored by Pine Lake Covenant. This group alone raised over $13,000. Consider being a part of next year’s 6K…you don’t even have to walk, much less run…just register!
1. Praise for the powerful sermon from Pastor Malcolm last Sunday!
2. Praise for the Holy Spirit who gives us the power to let our lights shine!
3. Pray for the light and love of Jesus to shine to our Midway neighbors as we pursue feeding the hungry and providing hot showers to those in need.
4. Please continue to pray for our Midway family and friends who are facing ongoing health issues.
5. Keep praying for the situation in Ukraine.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for our nations and leaders around the world.
May 29: Rev. Pitshou Mavinga, John 11:17-27
June 5: Rev. Shaun Higgins, 1 Corinthians 12:1-13
June 12: Rev. Shaun Higgins
June 19: Rev. Shaun Higgins
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Adult Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines