ROMANS: POWER FOR SALVATION!
In this sermon series, we are continuing our study of foundational theological truths for the Christian life, from the sinfulness of humanity to the atoning work of Christ and the transforming power of the Spirit. The Apostle Paul urges us to not simply know about the gospel, but to let it transform us and let God impact every aspect of our lives!
- Wednesday, March 30 – Women’s Discipleship Lunch!
- Thursday, March 31 – Midweek Fellowship/Bible Study!
- Friday, April 15 – Good Friday Service!
- Sunday, April 17 – Joint Easter Service!
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION STUDY!
The adult Sunday School class is walking through the events of the last week of Christ, referred to as Holy Week. This is the most sacred time of the Christian year. Using the Gospel of Mark as an outline, we will explore the extra-ordinary events, with particular focus on the collision of two kingdoms—the kingdom of the world and the kingdom of God. Join us Sunday at 8:45 a.m. on this journey to the Cross! This Sunday’s lesson will cover the events of Wednesday of Holy Week, with Mark 14:1-11 as the text; Joan is teaching this session.
SOWING A HARVEST
As I mentioned in last week’s service, I truly believe that God has provided specific directions for the immediate future in terms of Midway’s ministry outreach. Because I have been frustrated with the complete and utter disregard for the property by our community, many of us have been praying for solutions to curb this nuisance. Interestingly, as I began to look at the situation from a different angle, I gained a whole new perspective. What had been a heavy burden was actually a blessing in plain sight! Here is what I realized: Our parking lot is a magnet for the lost. I want to invite all of you to take part in this campaign to claim the parking lot for Christ. Though I would love for each and every one of us to get out there and share the gospel with whoever we may encounter, not everyone is able to do so. However, there is something every one of us can do – I urge all of us to be intentional in our prayers about plowing and preparing these grounds for those who are sowing this harvest. I am calling us to be relentless in calling heaven down on this property for the glory of Jesus Christ. May He prepare the hearts and minds of everyone who so much as looks in the direction of this property. May there be a multitude of knees bowing and tongues confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Blessings on you all and Godspeed!
Pastor Shaun Higgins
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
Please plan to join us on Thursday, March 31! We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring songs of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 6. As human beings, we will always be ______ to a governing body, an authority. Pastor Shaun said, “It’s a figment of the imagination for anyone to think they are entirely free.”
- Verse 16 says, “You are a slave to whoever you _____.” We can be slaves to sin, which leads to death, or slaves to obedience, which leads to righteousness. It’s a choice.
- In verse 18, Paul addresses believers: “You have been set _____ from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.”
- Indeed, when we accept Christ as our Savior, we are offering ourselves in total surrender, as slaves to righteousness. Salvation is the _____ step. Next is the day-to-day surrendering.
- As we submit to Jesus each day, His Spirit compels us to obey. He changes us, little by ______, until we (and those around us) realize that we are no longer the person we used to be!
- The devil will try to defeat us, but in Jesus we have the _______ over sin and death. As Pastor Shaun has said: “What sense does it make to surrender to an enemy who has already been defeated?”
- Life is not meant to be easy. It is through our ________ that we grow. And remember, the benefits of being slaves of God are holiness and eternal life!
|little subject struggles obey free victory first|
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Pressing Need: We need greeters on Sunday mornings to welcome regular attenders as well as newcomers. If you would like to share a smile and the love of Christ in this way, please let Lori-Lee know!
Community Evangelism: If the Lord has put it on your heart to go out into the community to share the good news of Jesus and invite people to church at Midway, contact Ken: email@example.com
Deacon Committee: Let Pastor Shaun or Gerald know if you would like to serve your Midway family in a behind-the-scenes way…there are several opportunities!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for those in need, please let Lori-Lee know.
THANK YOU TO…
- Ministerio Church for painting the downstairs bathrooms and the welcome counter in the Narthex. They look amazing! We are so grateful!
- Dennis for making every day count as a willing servant of the Lord. You go wherever needed and with a glad heart! Best office angel ever!
- Pastor Shaun for shepherding this Midway flock, week in and week out, with incredible patience, supernatural strength, and the Lord’s anointing!
- The incredible youth at Midway for your joy, enthusiasm, and helping hands around the church — you are precious to the Midway family!
1. Praise that God is bringing the lost onto our church property!
2. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
3. Continue to pray for all those in our Midwayfamily who are facing health issues.
4. Continue to pray for safety and health for all those on the front lines in our communities.
5. Continue to pray for our nations and leaders around the world.
March 27: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 7:1-12
April 3: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 7:13-25
April 10: Rev. Brad Hill, John 12:12-36
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Library
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Women’s Discipleship Lunch Group: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines
- Midweek Fellowship: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall