ROMANS: POWER FOR SALVATION!
In this sermon series, we are continuing our study of foundational theological truths for the Christian life, from the sinfulness of humanity to the atoning work of Christ and the transforming power of the Spirit. The Apostle Paul urges us to not simply know about the gospel, but to let it transform us and let God impact every aspect of our lives!
- Wednesday, March 23 – Women’s Discipleship Lunch!
- Thursday, March 24 – Midweek Fellowship/Bible Study!
- Friday, April 15 – Good Friday Service!
- Sunday, April 17 – Easter Service!
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION STUDY!
The adult Sunday School class is walking through the events of the last week of Christ, referred to as Holy Week. This is the most sacred time of the Christian year. Using the Gospel of Mark as an outline, we will explore the extra-ordinary events, with particular focus on the collision of two kingdoms—the kingdom of the world and the kingdom of God. Join us Sunday at 8:45 a.m. on this journey to the Cross! This Sunday’s lesson will cover the events of Tuesday of Holy Week, with Mark 11:20-13:37 as the text. Brad Hill is teaching this session.
DONATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE OF UKRAINE
If you would like a way to securely and effectively help the people of Ukraine, Covenant World Relief provides a way to give. Donors can be sure their money is going to bring relief and resources to the people. Here is a link to their giving website: https://giving.covchurch.org/priorities-detail/ukraine-response
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
Please plan to join us on Thursday, March 24! We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald MacDicken continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring songs of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald MacDicken @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 6 last week. He reminded us that the reason they didn’t find Jesus in the _____ is because He wasn’t there! He is risen from the dead and reigning victorious!
- Due to Adam’s trespass, we are all on a _________ toward death, but Christ interrupts that trajectory when we surrender our lives to Him! From that moment on, sin is no longer our master—Jesus is!
- Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, gives us the power to die to the old sin nature and live as instruments of _______________.
- No matter how difficult the struggle—and it is a daily struggle—we can be __________ that the victory is not in ourselves but in Jesus.
- “As struggles arise,” Pastor said, “remember that the battle belongs not to us but to the Lord. Struggling is a good thing. You don’t have to ____; just endure!”
- What sense does it make to surrender to an enemy who has already been __________?
- Instead, stand your _______ and tell the devil, “Devil, you have no more jurisdiction over me. I am saved and sanctified by the blood of Jesus. He already gave you the knockout blow!”
- Prayer: “Lord, may we look to the cross every _____ we struggle, and may we endure.”
|encouraged defeated righteousness tomb win time ground trajectory|
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE… An interviewer said to the applicant, “For this job, we’re looking for someone who is responsible.” “Oh, I’m definitely the right person,” the applicant said. “In my last job, whenever something went wrong, they found me responsible!”
1. Praise that God is not willing that anyone perish, but that all come to repentance!
2. Praise for the young man from our community who prayed with Pastor Shaun to receive Christ last week!
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Continue to pray for safety and health for all those on the front lines in our communities.
5. Continue to pray for our nations and leaders around the world.
March 20: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 6:15-23
March 27: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 7:1-12
April 3: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 7:13-25
April 10: Rev. Brad Hill, John 12:12-36
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Library
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Women’s Discipleship Lunch Group: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines
- Midweek Fellowship: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall