DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IS HERE!
Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 13, 2022, at 2:00 a.m.
On Saturday night, be sure to set your clocks forward one hour (i.e.,
losing one hour) to “spring forward.”
ROMANS: POWER FOR SALVATION!
In this sermon series, we are continuing our study of foundational theological truths for the Christian life, from the sinfulness of humanity to the atoning work of Christ and the transforming power of the Spirit. The Apostle Paul urges us to not simply know about the gospel, but to
let it transform us and let God impact every aspect of our lives!
- Sunday, March 13 – Daylight Savings Time Begins!
- Wednesday, March 16 – Women’s Discipleship Lunch!
- Thursday, March 17 – Midweek Fellowship/Bible Study!
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION STUDY!
The adult Sunday School class is walking through the events of the last week of Christ, referred to as Holy Week. This is the most sacred time of the Christian year. Using the Gospel of Mark as an outline, we will explore the extra-ordinary events, with particular focus on the collision of two kingdoms—the kingdom of the world and the kingdom of God. Join us Sunday at 8:45 a.m. on this journey to the Cross! This Sunday’s lesson will cover the events of Monday of Holy Week, with Mark 11:12-19 as the text. Pastor Shaun is teaching this session.
Let’s rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
Please plan to join us on Thursday, March 17! We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a side dish; L-R, please bring a dessert; S-Z, please bring a main dish.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald MacDicken continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring songs of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald MacDicken @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 5:12-21 last week. He pointed out two ________ that the Apostle Paul makes in this passage.
- The first contrast was between Adam and ______. When Adam disobeyed God, sin entered the world. When Christ obeyed God, redemption became possible!
- The second contrast was between the old nature and the ____ nature. As Adam’s seed, we all have a sinful nature. In Christ, we inherit a righteous, new nature—not our righteousness, but God’s!
- We are _____ in Christ the moment we surrender our lives to Him. At that moment, we are clothed in His righteousness and grace. The Holy Spirit empowers us to die to the flesh and live for Christ.
- We all have struggle-areas where we just can’t seem to get it right. It may frustrate us that we can’t get it right, even after 99 tries, but God understands! At our ______ of deepest discouragement, He says, “My child, my grace is sufficient!”
- It’s important to remember that our transformation is a ________. It’s not a one-time decision, but a daily endeavor.
- As the beautiful hymn says, “What can _____ away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!”
- It’s a ______ that each person must make—life through the blood of Jesus, or death.
|wash Christ times contrasts choice process new alive|
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Question: Who is the world’s fastest runner? Answer: Adam. He was first in the human race.
Question: Why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants? Answer: In case he got a hole in one.
Question: What’s the hardest thing about learning to ice skate? Answer: The ice.
DONATIONS FOR DES MOINES FOOD BANK
We have a donation bin in the Narthex where you can place food and non-food items for the Des Moines Food Bank. Following is a list of needed items:
FOOD–cereal, canned corn, fruit cups, pasta, low-sodium soup
NON-FOOD–laundry detergent, pet food, toilet paper, diapers (size 4,5,6)
1. Praise that God is our Healer and Provider!
2. Praise for the dedicated prayer warriors in our midst!
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Continue to pray for all those in our Midway family and sister churches who are facing health, housing, and financial challenges.
5. Continue to pray for safety and health for the first responders in our communities.
6. Continue to pray for our nations and leaders around the world.
March 13: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 6:1-14
March 20: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 6:15-23
March 27: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 7:1-12
April 3: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 7:13-25
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Library
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Women’s Discipleship Lunch Group: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines
- Midweek Fellowship: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall