- Sunday, June 12 – Celebrating our Youth!
- Tuesday, June 14 – Leadership Team Meeting!
- Sunday, June 19 – Father’s Day!
- Sunday, June 26 – Joint Service with Spirit & Truth Church!
- Sunday, July 17 – Midway’s Semi-annual Meeting!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
…boxing rings are square?
…abbreviated is such a long word?
…you press harder on the remote when you know the battery is dead?
…when you transport something by car, it’s called a shipment, but when you send it by ship, it’s called cargo?
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Pastor Shaun preached from 1 Corinthians 12 last week. In this passage, the Apostle Paul was writing to a young Corinthian _______ and instructing them on how to live out their spirituality.
- Paul urged the Corinthian believers to not be _________ about spiritual matters, but rather to know and understand them.
- Paul is calling them to realize that the carnal nature and its evil inclinations were part of their pagan past, and that God wants them to worship Him in the Spirit and in ______. He wanted them to understand that the carnal and the spiritual do not belong together.
- Pastor Shaun explained that this passage is perhaps the most concise, ________ explanation of the trinity. Paul explains that we have the same Spirit, the same Lord, the same God – three persons, yet one. Each of the three has different workings, but they are one unified person.
- Pastor Shaun also said we need to understand what the church is and what it is ____. Church is not a something (i.e. a locality) but a someone … WE ARE THE CHURCH!
- As the church, God equips us to do whatever He has called us to do. Our job is to be available vessels. He distributes the _______________ of the Spirit as He determines!
- Over the years, gifts change. Ministry contexts change. But the same Spirit is at _____ in us.
- It’s incomprehensible that __________ God, the creator and director of the entire universe, sees fit to manifest Himself through us in the local Body of Christ!
- What would the Apostle Paul say about our church today? Are ___ exercising the gifts/manifestations of the Holy Spirit? Are we exercising them appropriately, for the greater good and God’s glory?
- May the Lord embolden us to ______ on His promises and BE THE CHURCH He has called us to be!
|profound Almighty church we truth stand not work ignorant manifestations|
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway.J If you’re available to help Dennis out, come by during the week. You’ll get the added blessing of his company!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for one or more of our homebound, please let Lori-Lee know. Harold, Skip, Millie, Jeffery and Peggy are among those who would be grateful!
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
DONATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE OF UKRAINE
If you would like a way to securely and effectively help the people of Ukraine, Covenant World Relief provides a way to give. Donors can be sure their money is going to bring relief and resources to the people. Here is a link to their giving website: https://giving.covchurch.org/priorities-detail/ukraine-response
1. Praise that Pastor Shaun is back in the pulpit!
2. Praise for our youth and their completion of another year of school!
3. Pray for the light and love of Jesus to shine to our Midway neighbors as we feed the hungry from our parking lot on Tuesdays.
4. Pray for the Leadership Team Meeting on Tuesday, June 14.
5. Pray for our upcoming joint service on June 26.
6. Please continue to pray for our Midway family and friends who are facing ongoing health issues.
7. Keep praying for the situation in Ukraine.
8. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
9. Keep praying for our nations and leaders around the world.
June 12: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 7:13-25
June 19: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 8:1-14
June 26: Rev. Shaun Higgins
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines