- Sunday , January 22 – Sanctity of Human Life Sunday!
- Tuesday, January 24 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, January 25 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, January 26 – Midweek Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
Please plan to join us on Sundays at 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room. Gerald MacDicken is continuing the series: “How Happiness Happens.” This is a Max Lucado study about an unexpected path to lasting happiness and joy. Based on the teachings of Jesus, this study challenges us to upset the apple carts of discontent and gloom in our lives by bringing happiness to those around us. What are we waiting for? Let’s open the unexpected door to joy and walk in! See you on Sunday!
MUG ‘N MUFFIN ON WEDNESDAYS!
Ladies, please join us on Wednesdays to study God’s Word and pray together! We meet each week from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, one chapter each week, using the NavPress Life Change booklet. You are welcome to choose your personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesdays to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday! — Ruth Hill
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursday, January 26, for our midweek gathering. We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald MacDicken continues an inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have questions, you may email Gerald MacDicken @ email@example.com.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last Sunday, Pastor Shaun preached from Isaiah 42:1-9. In this passage, God is making a plea—not asking for us to help Him, but pleading with us to receive His help!
- God knows how prone to wander we are. He sees the many things we _____ to instead of Him for help and comfort.
- Yet still, He _______ His hand to us and says, “I love you. I’m here for you.”
- If we will turn to Him, He says in verses 6-7, “I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and make you…a light for unbelievers, to open eyes that are blind, to free ________ from prison, and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.”
- As Pastor Shaun said, the choice is ours. In the end, we will be without excuse, because His _____ has been extended toward us, inviting us to turn our hearts toward Him.
- John 3:16 says, “God so loved the world, that He _____ His only Son, so that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life.”
- He wants us to know Him as our Gentle Shepherd, Healer, and Sustainer in this life.
- He also wants us to invite those who are still living in ________ to join with us in following Jesus.
- May our daily walk, hand in hand with Him, be a light in the darkness that draws people around us to our Savior, who alone is the way, the _____ and the life!
|gave captives truth hand darkness extends turn|
SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE SUNDAY JANUARY 22!
This Sunday, January 22, is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday (SOHLS). This is a day of observance held every year on the Sunday closest to the anniversary of Roe v Wade. On this day, churches and parachurch organizations across the nation come together to stand and proclaim the Sanctity of Human Life. During the service, a representative from CareNet of Puget Sound will share impactful ways that we as a church can support individuals and families facing unexpected pregnancies. We look forward to observing the value of human life together on the 22nd!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
Sound/Tech Team: If you have a desire to serve on the tech team and would like to be trained by none other than our very own Josh, let him know!
Reminder to Keep the Heat In! With the onset of cold weather, the church building’s heat is on. In order to keep our boiler system from breaking down, we cannot prop outside doors open during the winter months.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
A five-year-old girl was invited to go to church with her best friend. When she came home, she told her mom, “They sang a whole song just for me, Mom! It went, ‘Laurie, Laurie Halleluiah…’”
1. Praise to our God who shines His light in and through us!
2. Continue to pray for strength, healing, and comfort for several in our Midway family, and in our sister churches, who are facing challenges physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
3. Keep praying for all of our homebound Midway family and friends.
4. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
January 22, Rev. Malcolm Brewer, Joshua 6:1-5: “When All You See Is a Wall”
January 29, Ken Walugembe
February 5, Rev. Shaun Higgins
February 12, Rev. Shaun Higgins
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary or online at live.midcov.org
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot and Narthex
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room