ROMANS: POWER FOR SALVATION!
In this sermon series, we are continuing our study of foundational theological truths for the Christian life, from the sinfulness of humanity to the atoning work of Christ and the transforming power of the Spirit. The Apostle Paul urges us to not simply know about the gospel, but to let it transform us and let God impact every aspect of our lives!
- Wednesday, March 2 – Ash Wednesday! Women’s Discipleship Lunch!
- Thursday, March 3 – Midweek Fellowship/Bible Study!
- Friday, March 4 – Joint Youth Night!
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION STUDY!
The course on heroes and heroines of the faith ends this Sunday, February 27, with a look at Gideon. It’s not too late to attend the Grande Finale! Please join us.
For the six Sundays following Ash Wednesday (March 6 – April 10), the adult Sunday School class will walk through the events of the last week of Christ, referred to as Holy Week. This is the most sacred time of the Christian year. Because of its centrality to the lives of Christians, understanding Holy Week matters! Using the Gospel of Mark as an outline, we will explore the extra-ordinary events, with particular focus on the collision of two kingdoms—the kingdom of the world and the kingdom of God. Join us each Sunday at 8:45 a.m. on this journey to the Cross!
DONATIONS FOR DES MOINES FOOD BANK
We have a donation bin in the Narthex where you can place food and non-food items for the Des Moines Food Bank. Following is a list of needed items:
FOOD–cereal, canned corn, fruit cups, pasta, low-sodium soup
NON-FOOD–laundry detergent, pet food, toilet paper, diapers (size 4,5,6)
We encourage everyone to continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for indoor gatherings and to take whatever precautions you feel are necessary. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
CALLING ALL YOUTH!
An Invitation for a joint youth night!
Ministerio has invited the youth from Midway and our sister churches to a special youth night on Friday, March 4, at 7 p.m. The theme is: Forming the Character of Christ in me. Don’t miss this opportunity to deepen your relationship with Christ and get to know several more youth!
Please plan to join us on Thursday, March 3! We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring songs of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ email@example.com.
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Community Evangelism: If the Lord has put it on your heart to go out into the community to share the good news of Jesus Christ and invite people to church at Midway, that’s wonderful! Please email Ken to let him know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deacon Committee: Let Pastor Shaun or Gerald know if you would like to serve your Midway family in a behind-the-scenes way…there are several opportunities!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
A tech support specialist told a caller to right-click. The customer said, “Okay.” The specialist asked if a pop-up window appeared. The customer said, “No.” The specialist said, “Please right-click again, then.” When the customer again reported no pop-up window, the specialist said, “Okay, I want you to tell me exactly what you have done up to this point.” The customer said, “Okay. You told me to write ‘click,’ and so I wrote ‘click.’”
- Pastor Shaun preached from 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 last week. He reminded us that God has _________ us to himself through Christ. The old life has gone; a new life has begun!
- Cultivating our new life in Christ is a ________. It doesn’t happen overnight!
- What a relief that we don’t have to reconcile ourselves—in fact we can’t. God _____ it all!
- Once we are reconciled to God, we are His ____________, representing Him to the world around us. How are you doing as Christ’s ambassador?
- Pastor Shaun said people ought to see Christ in us because we are new creations in Him. They should see a distinct difference in our lives because our old ways of thinking and __________ have been replaced by a desire to serve and live for Christ.
- Our adversary, the devil, is relentlessly coming against us to _______ and destroy us and bring us down. We need to continue to claim the name of Jesus, and the blood of Jesus, over this church and community. We need to continue to resist the devil’s attacks because “The gates of hell shall not prevail against us.”
- In the Confession of Faith we each made when we became _________ of Midway Community Covenant Church, one of the questions was: Do you believe the Bible to be the Word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct?
- We must look at ___________ through the lens of God’s Word, because it speaks to every situation we will face. Is God’s Word the measuring rod for your life?
|behaving divide reconciled members ambassadors does everything process|
1. Praise that God is the Way-maker!
2. Praise for our tech team!
3. Continue to pray for all those in our Midway family who are facing health challenges.
4. Pray for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Continue to pray for safety and wisdom for the first responders in our communities.
6. Continue to pray for our nations and leaders around the world.
February 27: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 5:1-11
March 6: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 5:12-21
March 13: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 6:1-14
March 20: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 6:15-23
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Library
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Women’s Discipleship Lunch Group: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines
- Midweek Fellowship: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall