- Tuesday, February 14 – Valentine’s Day! Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, February 15 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, February 16 – Midweek Potluck/Bible Study! Men’s Group!
- Tuesday, February 21 – Leadership Team Meeting!
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY!
ELIJAH: THE TROUBLER OF ISRAEL? Join us on Sundays as we explore the chronicles of Elijah which tell the stories of cultural conflicts: Ahab vs Elijah is just the “proxy war” between Yahweh and Baal. The drought ends in deluge, and Elijah exits in a chariot of fire. “Choose this day whom you will serve!” Facilitated by Brad Hill
MUG ‘N MUFFIN ON WEDNESDAYS!
Ladies, please join us on Wednesdays to study God’s Word and pray together! We meet each week from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, one chapter each week, using the NavPress Life Change booklet. You are welcome to choose your personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesdays to deeply exploring the text. See you on Wednesday! — Ruth Hill
MIDWEEK POTLUCK/BIBLE STUDY!
Please join us on Thursday, February 16, for our midweek gathering. We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a dessert; L-R, please bring a main dish; S-Z, please bring a side dish.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald continues an inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring psalms of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have questions, you may email Gerald @ email@example.com.
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
Sound/Tech Team: If you have a desire to serve on the tech team and would like to be trained by none other than our very own Josh, let him know!
Reminder to Keep the Heat In! With the onset of cold weather, the church building’s heat is on. In order to keep our boiler system from breaking down, we cannot prop outside doors open during the winter months.
TURKEY-SYRIA EARTHQUAKE RESPONSE
Covenant World Relief & Development has been monitoring the earthquake in Turkey and Syria and is identifying multiple partners in the region for their initial response. These types of natural catastrophes leave families in crisis and vulnerable communities devastated. In these moments our partners respond by addressing and providing immediate relief and preparing to meet long-term needs. Please consider joining in responding to these communities as they recover and begin to heal from this horrific earthquake. Here is the link: https://giving.covchurch.org/project-detail/turkeysyria-earthquake-response
1. Praise that our Lord God is the Alpha and Omega!
2. Praise for our Sunday morning kitchen crew! MJ and Susan, we are so grateful for the wonderful food you prepare for us every Sunday!
3. Continue to pray for strength, healing, and comfort for several in our Midway family, and in our sister churches, who are facing challenges physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
4. Keep praying for all of our homebound Midway family and friends.
5. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
6. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
7. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
8. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
When a pastor asked a Sunday School group about wanting to go to heaven, he was surprised when a boy shook his head no. When the pastor asked “Why not?” the boy explained, “because my mother said to come straight home.”
February 12, Rev. Shaun Higgins, Revelation 1:9-20
February 19, Rev. Shaun Higgins, Revelation 2:1-7
February 26, Rev. Shaun Higgins, Revelation 2:8-11
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary or online at live.midcov.org
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot and Narthex
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Midweek Potluck/Bible Study: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room