- Sunday, December 25 – Christmas Day! Joint Service/Lunch!
- Sunday, January 1 – New Year’s Day! Live-stream Service!
- Wednesday, January 4 – Women’s Bible Study Resumes!
- Thursday, January 5 – Midweek Potluck/Bible Study Resumes!
- Sunday, January 15 – Midway’s Annual Meeting!
CHRISTMAS MORNING JOINT SERVICE!
We are so excited to be gathering as three churches to worship and celebrate our Savior’s birth. Praise God for the gift of His Son—a gift that changed everything! Come expecting to be blessed as we come together in unity to celebrate the true reason for the Christmas season. You won’t want to miss this time of worship and fellowship, for several reasons. For starters, youth from all three churches will be at the forefront throughout the service! Additionally, there will be a delicious Christmas meal in the Fellowship Hall. Then there will be Gingerbread-house making. All in all, a Sunday morning at Midway you don’t want to miss! Note: Food for the meal is being provided. If you have something you would like to bring, that’s great, but bringing something is completely optional.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Favorite Hymns for…
Optometrists: “Be Thou My Vision” Jet Pilots: “I’ll Fly Away” Geologists: “Rock of Ages”
Construction Workers: “A Mighty Fortress is our God” Dentists: “Crown Him with Many Crowns”
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
Sound/Tech Team: If you have a desire to serve on the tech team and would like to be trained by none other than our very own Josh, let him know!
Reminder to Keep the Heat In! With the onset of cold weather, the church building’s heat is on. In order to keep our boiler system from breaking down, we cannot prop outside doors open during the winter months.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
Last Sunday, Pastor Shaun preached from Isaiah 7:10-16. He reviewed key points from the last few weeks:
- Christ is the Cornerstone, and those who place their hope and trust in Him will ______. What happens to those who reject Him? They will stumble and fall.
- Peace is unattainable as long as we pursue it on our own terms. The only way to peace is through an exchange—our self-____________ for His righteousness.
- For the follower of Christ, the way is straight and narrow. It contains deserts and valleys where at times we feel abandoned. The key is to persevere by clinging to God’s promises so we can enter at the narrow gate—after which there will be no more adversary!
- In Isaiah 7, the evil King _____ refused to seek direction from God because he wanted to be his own master. In his arrogance, he believed he could side-step God’s will and orchestrate his own plans for Judah and Israel.
- What King Ahaz failed to realize was that God’s plan always prevails, and no king can overrule Him!
- What about you and I? Are we testing God’s patience? Have we been living on a ______ foundation based on what others have told us rather than what God says in His Word?
- As Pastor Shaun said, “It doesn’t have to be that way!” The magnitude of God’s intervening love for you is this: He ______ into this creation in the flesh, through the birth of His Son, Jesus–who suffered at the hands of it–because of love for you.
- Remember, God doesn’t want any one of us to ________ and face eternity apart from Him! God’s greatest desire is to forgive you and receive you to Himself! You can turn to Him today.
|came Ahaz perish stand shaky centeredness|
MUG ‘N MUFFIN WILL RESUME WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4!
Ladies, let’s re-gather to study God’s Word and pray together on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, one chapter each week, and we will be studying the 11th chapter of Luke when we start up again on January 4. If you have the NavPress Life Change booklet, it begins on the bottom of page 92. Remember, you are welcome to choose your personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesdays to deeply exploring the text. See you on January 4th! — Ruth Hill
ANNUAL MEETING IN JANUARY!
Our annual meeting is coming! Please mark your calendars for Sunday, January 15, 2023. The annual meeting will be held immediately following the fellowship meal after the morning service.
1. Praise for the magnitude of God’s love—sending a Savior, Jesus Christ!
2. Pray for several families from Midway and our sister churches who are sick.
3. Keep praying for all of our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
4. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
December 25, Christmas Day: Joint Service featuring our youth!
January 1, 2023, New Year’s Day: Livestream Service! (No in-person service)
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary, or online at live.midcov.org
Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s