- Sunday, January 1 – Live-stream Service only (no in-person service)
- Tuesday, January 3 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Wednesday, January 4 – Women’s Bible Study!
- Thursday, January 5 – Men’s Group!
- Sunday, January 15 – Midway’s Annual Meeting!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
Sound/Tech Team: If you have a desire to serve on the tech team and would like to be trained by none other than our very own Josh, let him know!
Reminder to Keep the Heat In! With the onset of cold weather, the church building’s heat is on. In order to keep our boiler system from breaking down, we cannot prop outside doors open during the winter months.
MUG ‘N MUFFIN WILL RESUME WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4!
Ladies, this week we will re-gather to study God’s Word and pray together! Please join us on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. We are studying the Gospel of Luke, one chapter each week, and we will be studying the 11th chapter of Luke when we start up again this week. If you have the NavPress Life Change booklet, it begins on the bottom of page 92. Remember, you are welcome to choose your personal level of engagement—from just showing up on Wednesdays to deeply exploring the text. See you on January 4th! — Ruth Hill
FILL IN THE BLANKS…
|A NEW YEAR’S PRAYER:|
“Almighty God, your Word tells us there can be hope for the future. Thank You that there is hope for a changed me! My ___________ and greed cause conflict and strife and I can’t rid myself of these. My only hope is a changed heart, and your Word tells me that _______ is in the business of _________ hearts! It says, If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed ______; behold, all things have become new. Thank you that there is hope for a changed world! Help me to let your Spirit within me give me a deeper love and concern for _______ this year. Change me so that I and those around me can begin to change our world. And thank you, God, that there is hope of an unchanging eternity in Heaven! Jesus said, It is the will of My Father that everyone who believes in ___ will have eternal life. Thank you for this new year, God. Our hope is in You. In Jesus name, Amen.”
|others changing Jesus selfishness Me away|
ANNUAL MEETING THIS MONTH!
Our annual meeting is coming! Please mark your calendars for Sunday, January 15, 2023. The annual meeting will be held immediately following the fellowship meal after the morning service.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Often the last-minute buying of gifts and preparations for family celebrations make the Christmas season a frantic time of year. One woman tells of an especially hectic Christmas Eve around her house when her little girl seemed to be in the way, no matter what she did. Finally the little girl was tucked into bed. As she said her prayers, she was so anxious that she asked God to “Forgive us our Christmases as we forgive those who Christmas against us.”
1. Praise for a new year and hope for the future—all because of Jesus!
2. Continue to pray for several families from Midway and our sister churches who are sick.
3. Keep praying for all of our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
4. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
January 1, 2023, New Year’s Day: Livestream Service Year-in-review! (No in-person service)
January 8, Rev. Shaun Higgins, Isaiah 60:1-6
January 15, Rev. Shaun Higgins, Isaiah 42:1-9
January 22, Rev. Malcolm Brewer
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. online at live.midcov.org
- Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Prayer Room