August 7th is the first Sunday of the month, and we have the privilege of celebrating communion together. If you will be joining the service via live stream, you are encouraged to prepare in advance.
- Sunday, August 7 – Communion! Celebrate August Birthdays!
- Tuesday, August 9 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Thursday, August 11 – Men’s Group!
- Saturday, August 13 – Playground Work Party!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway.J If you’re available to help Dennis out, come by during the week. You’ll get the added blessing of his company!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for one or more of our homebound, please contact the office.
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Marissa: What’s the difference between the land and the ocean?
Dad: I don’t know. What’s the difference?
Marissa: The land is dirty, and the ocean is tidy.
How much do you remember? Fill in the blanks from the box below.
- Last week Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 11:1-10.
- He reminded us that God has the ability to ______ problems that seem impossible. The surviving nation of Israel is proof! Time after time, in spite of being surrounded and outnumbered by enemy armies, they experienced God’s intervention.
- God is the Way Maker. He specializes in the impossible!
- Consider Paul. Before his conversion, he lived to __________ Christians, believing he was doing God’s will. He even witnessed and encouraged the stoning and death of faith-filled Stephen.
- Paul’s misplaced zealousness for God was based entirely on head knowledge of scripture and performance of manmade works—all to try to earn God’s favor.
- In his Damascus-road ___________, Paul was confronted by Jesus, who asked him: “Why are you persecuting me?”
- Paul immediately recognized the Lord’s ______ and realized how he had grieved Him by his hatred of Christ-followers. He fell to his knees and acknowledged Christ’s lordship.
- In that instant, Paul’s head knowledge transferred to his heart and his became an epignosis faith!
- No matter what sins may litter a person’s past, no sin is ________ the scope of God’s forgiveness!
- The key is ___________ God’s forgiveness and grace as a free gift and choosing to live a life of epignosis faith.
|encounter beyond solve receiving persecute voice|
1. Praise that God is the Way Maker!
2. Pray for community members Zee and Sandra—for health and housing challenges, and for their salvation.3. Continue to pray for the Men’s Group that is meeting on Thursday nights.
2. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
3. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
4. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors!
5. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
6. Keep praying for our nations and leaders around the world.
August 7: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 11:11-24
August 14: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 11:25-36
August 21: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 12:1-8
August 28: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 12:9-21
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.