- Sunday, October 17 – Adult Bible Study, 8:45 a.m.!
- Wednesday, October 20 – Midweek Fellowship!
- Sunday, October 31 – Youth Sunday! Baby Bottle Donations Due!
SUNDAY SCHOOL SERIES: LORD, I WANT TO KNOW YOU!
Join me in this four-week study on eight of the most prominent names of God. Our goal, however, will not be to gain more knowledge regarding God’s names. Rather, our goal will be to grow in actually knowing God. To know His name is to know Him; to boast in His name (Psalm 20:7) is to have confidence in who He is. Whether this refreshes your memory or introduces you to truths you have not yet seen, I pray we all experience God more fully through this study.
Please plan to join us on Wednesday, October 20th, for our midweek fellowship! We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family on this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring songs of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald @ email@example.com.
How much do you remember from last week? Fill in the blanks using the words in the box below.
Last Sunday, Pastor Brad Hill preached on Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes _________ to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” What is “the good” this verse refers to? Pastor Brad said “Good from God’s perspective has less to do with our pleasure and more to do with our holiness.” He said it is
|LESS ABOUT…||MORE ABOUT…|
|Our pleasure||Our holiness|
|My recreation||God’s redemption|
|My bank account||Treasure in heaven|
He said Romans 8:28 can bring disillusionment to people if taken out of context. This verse is definitely an umbrella of God’s promise for believers, but it does not cover unbelievers who neither love the Lord nor are seeking His purpose. However, once a person ______ their life to the Lord, He can take all their history and work with it for the good; no sin or trauma or baggage is beyond God’s ability to redeem! Pastor Brad said Romans 8:28 is not saying that every action and event in your life will just work itself out by fate or ______ energy. What the verse is saying is that God is able to _________ all things that come into a believer’s life and work them together for good. This Romans 8:28 “good” is referring to all things (including the difficult, the tragic, and the evil). When we love God and seek His purpose, He synchronizes ___ things in our lives for His good ________. “That,” Pastor Brad said, “is redemption!”
|orchestrate purpose everything gives all cosmic|
BABY BOTTLE CAMPAIGN THIS MONTH!
Thank you to all who have begun filling baby bottles with coins and bills for CareNet! If you missed the chance last Sunday, be sure to pick up baby bottles in the Narthex next time you’re at church. Let’s see how many we can fill by the end of October! (Only 2 weeks left!)
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
A lot of people think their troubles will be over when they get to heaven, but one 8-year-old wasn’t taking any chances. After praying to Jesus to save him, he added, “And when I get to heaven, Jesus, please help me to be good!”
Don’t forget your masks! For the health and safety of all, particularly those in our church family with fragile or compromised immune systems, we at Midway are continuing the mask-wearing protocol. Thank you all for your patience and consideration for one another!
1. Pray for peace and comfort for those who are facing health, housing, and financial uncertainties.
2. Continue to pray for those in our church family who are sick or recovering from recent illness or surgery.
3. Continue to pray for strength, health, and reprieve for our healthcare workers.
4. Continue to pray for our nations’ leaders, that they will commit their ways to the Lord and call their nations to repentance.
October 17: Rev. Malcolm Brewer, Psalm 90:1-17
October 24: Don Paige, Psalm 23:1-4; Romans 8:38-39
October 31: Ken Walugembe
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School upstairs at 10:30 a.m.
- Discipleship Lunch Group: Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Midweek Fellowship: Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines