What a blessing it is to honor and celebrate all of you moms! As Proverbs 31 says: “Strength and dignity are her clothing. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household.” Thank you, moms, for your daily, sacrificial love expressed in so many ways: through patience and grace, lovingkindness, a listening ear, making us laugh, and teaching us about Jesus! What a high calling. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU! (Note: Be sure to stop by the Mother’s Day Bulletin Board in the Narthex to read about all of our special moms!)
- Sunday, May 8 – Mother’s Day!
- Wednesday, May 11 – Women’s Discipleship Lunch!
- Thursday, May 12 – Midweek Fellowship/Bible Study!
- Tuesday, May 17 – Leadership Team Meeting!
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION STUDY!
From Tomb to Tongues: a 6-week study on the post-resurrection appearances of Jesus
Please join us this Sunday, May 8, at 8:45 a.m., as we continue this series. The tomb is empty—but the Holy Spirit has not yet come! Our Sunday Bible Study is focusing on the post-resurrection appearances of Jesus during the 40 days between his resurrection and his ascension before Pentecost. We will study the significance of each appearance and apply it to our own walk with Christ. This Sunday’s leader will be Gerald MacDicken teaching on Breakfast on the Beach. The text will be John 21:1-14.
Please plan to join us on Thursday, May 12! We will share a potluck meal at 6 p.m. and then break out for Bible Study from 7-8 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Potluck Details: If your last name begins with A-K, please bring a main dish; L-R, please bring a side dish; S-Z, please bring a dessert.
Bible Study Details: Come join your Midway Family as Gerald MacDicken continues this inspirational journey through these beautiful and inspiring songs of praise, thanksgiving, and lament. Participants are invited to rediscover, or see for the first time, why you can put your hope in Jesus, the Shepherd, Savior and King! If you have any questions, you may email Gerald MacDicken @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Emily came home from school complaining of a stomachache. Her mother said, “That’s probably because it’s empty. You’ll feel much better after you have something in it.” Sure enough, Emily felt fine after eating a snack. That afternoon the minister came to visit. While he was chatting with Emily’s mom, he mentioned that he’d had a headache all day long. Right away Emily said, “That’s because it’s empty. You’d feel better if you had something in it!”
DONATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE OF UKRAINE
If you would like a way to securely and effectively help the people of Ukraine, Covenant World Relief provides a way to give. Donors can be sure their money is going to bring relief and resources to the people. Here is a link to their giving website: https://giving.covchurch.org/priorities-detail/ukraine-response
CALLING ALL GRANDPARENTS: CAMP CASCADES BECKONS!
Grandparents, the staff at Camp Cascades invite you to give parents and guardians a break and head out to Cascades for a weekend you’ll be talking about for years to come! The Grandparents and Grandkids Retreat is coming up May 13th-15th. Together you’ll enjoy goofy games, campfire songs, and kid-oriented messages about Jesus. Nothing beats time away with Grandma, Grandpa, or another grandparent-type figure, especially when you’re in the midst of creation, with staff to keep up with the kiddos! This fan-favorite retreat is coming up quickly, so register online at www.cascadescamp.org. (Note that registration closes on Tuesday, May 10th.)
1. Praise for all the mothers in our lives!
2. Continue to pray for the light and love of Jesus to shine to our Midway neighbors.
3. Pray for our Midway family who are facing ongoing health issues.
4. Keep praying for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Pray for health and strength for all those who work on the front lines to serve their communities – in medical, retail, law enforcement, and everything in between.
6. Pray for the Leadership Team Meeting on May 17.
7. Keep praying for our nations and leaders around the world.
May 8: Ken Walugembe, Exodus 2:1-10
May 15: Don Paige
May 22: Rev. Malcolm Brewer
May 29: Rev. Pitshou
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Adult Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Women’s Discipleship Lunch Group: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines
- Midweek Fellowship: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall