JOINT SERVICE / FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEON!
Please plan to join us this Sunday, June 26, as we worship together with our sister church Spirit & Truth! Immediately after the service, we will have a pull-out-all-the-stops buffet that you won’t want to miss! All the food is being provided, so you need only bring your appetite. One more thing: There will be a bouncy house for all the kiddos!
- Sunday, June 26 – Joint Service with Spirit & Truth Church!
- Saturday, July 2 – Fun Day for Families in church parking lot!
- Tuesday, July 12 – Leadership Team Meeting!
- Sunday, July 17 – Midway’s Semi-annual Meeting!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
–FOR RENT: 1-2 bedroom apartments. No poets.
–FOR SALE: Two-carat embezzled diamond ring. Gorgeous.
–NOTICE: The fitness class will meet for an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast on Saturday.
–HOMES TOUR: Visit open houses in our town’s hysterical district on Sunday, 1-4 p.m.
FUN DAY FOR THE FAMILY ON JULY 2ND!
Please plan to stop by the church for fun, food, and fellowship on Saturday, July 2nd. The youth of Ministerio Internacional are hosting a community-outreach event in the parking lot. They would love to have everyone come by with your families for some fun and fellowship!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway.J If you’re available to help Dennis out, come by during the week. You’ll get the added blessing of his company!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for one or more of our homebound, please let Lori-Lee know.
- Pastor Shaun preached from Romans 8:1-14 last week. In this passage, the Apostle Paul explains the __________ between the life controlled by the flesh and the life controlled by the Spirit.
- As descendants of Adam, our natural inclination is to rebel against God and live according to the flesh.
- Many people choose to live solely for this world, believing they can be the ______ of their own destiny, submitting to no one.
- In contrast, choosing to live for God’s Kingdom is about total submission – to God – to be led by Him!
- Truth: There is nothing we can do to save ourselves! When left to our own devices, we give in to the sinful, depraved _______ that we all inherited.
- All of us, as Adam’s descendants, have the same heart condition – and it is terminal.
- The result of rejecting God and _______ a rebellious, self-serving life is death.
- Truth: We need a Savior!
- And the good news is…there is _____!
- Through Christ Jesus, we can be “set free from the law of sin and death.”
- In Christ, we are liberated from _________ to sin! We inherit a new nature! This new life in Christ is a gift, a lifeline; but we must receive it!
- Choosing to live a surrendered, obedient life according to the Spirit results in life and peace!
- As the Apostle Paul acknowledged, it’s a struggle. We will stumble and _____ along the way.
- As Pastor Shaun explained, “There is a big difference between falling short (as Paul described) and outright rejection of the Spirit of God.”
- Our changed lives are visible in this dark world, giving hope to those around us that there is a _______!
|difference hope nature Savior living captains bondage fall|
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
DONATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE OF UKRAINE
If you would like a way to securely and effectively help the people of Ukraine, Covenant World Relief provides a way to give. Donors can be sure their money is going to bring relief and resources to the people. Here is a link to their giving website: https://giving.covchurch.org/priorities-detail/ukraine-response
THANK YOU TO…
Selah for mowing the entire playground area last week!
Brad for hauling the 8 remaining bags of clothes to Goodwill!
The landscapers for their incredible transformation of the area in front of the church! It’s finished and is absolutely beautiful!
The Marshallese Church workers for mowing the grass around the portable and all around the south side of the church building!
Those who have volunteered to help feed the hungry/share the gospel on Tuesdays!
1. Praise for the Joint Service/Fellowship with Spirit & Truth Church this Sunday!
2. Keep praying for the situation in Ukraine.
3. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have ongoing health issues.
4. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine to our Midway neighbors as we feed the hungry from our parking lot on Tuesdays.
5. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
6. Keep praying for our nations and leaders around the world.
June 26: Rev. Ivy, Luke 13:18-19
July 3: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 8:15-30
July 10: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 8:31-39
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines