- Sunday, July 17 – Midway’s Semi-annual Meeting!
- Tuesday, July 19 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Thursday, July 21 – Men’s Group!
- Saturday, August 13 – Playground Work Party!
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Feeding the hungry: Volunteers are welcome as we prepare and serve up meals for our community!
Outdoor Volunteers: We have several projects in the works here at Midway.J If you’re available to help Dennis out, come by during the week. You’ll get the added blessing of his company!
Rides to church: If you are interested in providing transportation, even once a month, for one or more of our homebound, please call the office and let us know.
DONATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE OF UKRAINE
If you would like a way to securely and effectively help the people of Ukraine, Covenant World Relief provides a way to give. Donors can be sure their money is going to bring relief and resources to the people. Here is a link to their giving website: https://giving.covchurch.org/priorities-detail/ukraine-response
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
HOME SWEET HOME
A homeowner received a strongly worded “second notice” that his house payment was overdue.
In a panic, he rushed to the mortgage company and paid his bill, apologizing to the clerk that he apparently had lost or overlooked the first notice. “Oh,” the clerk said, “don’t worry about it. We don’t send out first notices. We’ve found that second notices are much more effective.”
DID YOU SEE IT YET?
Next time you drive by the church, look closely for something that wasn’t there last week.J
Need a hint or two?
“The ______ upon which Jesus died”
We rejoice that we can now worship and sing without masks! For those who want to continue wearing masks for added protection, we encourage you to do so. As our communities recover from the impact of the pandemic, may the Body of Christ at Midway be known for our love for one another!
1. Praise that “Nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord!” Romans 8:39
2. Continue to pray for the growing Men’s Group that meets on Thursday nights.
3. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
4. Keep praying for our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine to our Midway neighbors as we feed the hungry from our parking lot on Tuesdays.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for our nations and leaders around the world.
July 10: Rev. Brad Hill, Romans 9:1-33, “God is not unjust, is He?”
July 24: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 10:1-21
July 31: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 11:1-10
August 7: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 11:11-24
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School: 10:30 a.m. in upstairs classrooms
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines
- Men’s Group: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.