- Sunday, December 4 – Communion Sunday! Celebrate December Birthdays!
- Tuesday, December 6 – Feeding the Hungry!
- Thursday, December 8 – Men’s Group!
- Saturday, December 10 – Women’s Christmas Tea!
- Tuesday, December 13 – Leadership Team Meeting!
- Sunday, December 25 – Christmas Day! Joint Service!
This Sunday, December 4th, is the first Sunday of the month, and we have the privilege of celebrating communion together. If you will be joining the service via livestream, you are encouraged to prepare in advance.
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY
We are exploring the story of Christmas using the order of Advent candles. This second Sunday of Advent, we will focus on the purple Bethlehem candle and hope. Please join us at 8:45!
THE SEASON OF ADVENT
Twinkling lights and candles everywhere remind us that Jesus is the light of the world that came to dispel the darkness. From November 27 through December 18, we light the candles of the Advent Wreath. This Sunday we light the second purple candle. These four weeks leading up to Christmas Day are a time set aside by followers of Jesus to prepare and quiet our hearts, set aside the hectic pace of the holiday season, and worship Jesus, God’s Son!
NEEDS OF THE LIGHTHOUSE MINISTRY
The Lighthouse is a local ministry that is bringing healing and hope to survivors of domestic abuse. Their current high-need items are baby wipes, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies. Thank you to those who have contributed! For those who still wish to, you may bring items to the church office throughout the month of December.
NEEDS IN THE CHURCH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
Worship/Praise Team: Have you ever considered putting your beautiful voice and leadership abilities to use on the worship/praise team? If so, talk to Laura or Erica!
Sound/Tech Team: If you have a desire to serve on the tech team and would like to be trained by none other than our very own Josh, let him know!
Reminder to Keep the Heat In! With the onset of cold weather, the church building’s heat is on. In order to keep our boiler system from breaking down, we cannot prop outside doors open during the winter months.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Eight-year-old Jason was having a hard time behaving in church and was taken by his mom to a side room for a time-out. After church, the pastor came to chat with him. The boy exclaimed, “I prayed about it while I was in here.” “Excellent!” the pastor said. “If you asked God to help you, He will!” The boy replied, “Oh, I didn’t pray for that. I asked God to help everyone put up with me!”
1. Praise for Pastor Shaun and his commitment to teaching us the Lord’s ways!
2. Pray for several families from Midway and our sister churches who are sick.
3. Keep praying for all of our Midway family and friends who have health issues.
4. Continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine.
5. Keep praying for the light and love of Jesus to shine from our church family to our Midway neighbors.
6. Pray for strength, health, and protection for the first responders & front-line workers in our communities.
7. Keep praying for the nations and leaders around the world.
December 4, 2nd Sunday of Advent: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Isaiah 11:1-10
December 11, 3rd Sunday of Advent: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Isaiah 35:1-10
December 18, 4th Sunday of Advent: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Isaiah 7:10-16
December 25, Christmas Day: Joint Service!
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary, or online at live.midcov.org
- Feeding the Hungry: Tuesday from 2-4 p.m. in parking lot
- Men’s Morning Bible Study: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s