NEW SERMON SERIES FROM JONAH!
This four-week sermon series shows God’s great love and relentless pursuit of sinful people. From renegade cities to rebellious prophets, nobody is beyond God’s reach! When Jonah initially rejects God’s call to preach to the city of Ninevah, he finds himself floating in a sea of regret. We also learn that there are costs, to ourselves and those around us, when we try to outrun God’s purpose for our lives.
- Sunday, August 29 – Youth Sunday!
INTRODUCING WORSHIP LEADER RICHELLE LEWTON!
Born in Shreveport, Louisiana, Richelle sang her first solo at the age of 2 at Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church. Her gift of singing was clearly a gift from God. Her mother and grandfather recognized this and began to cultivate it. Today her gift of singing is cultivated by her love for Jesus Christ! Her constant pursuit is to worship Him. The desire of Richelle’s heart is that “everyone worship God freely, for he has given us the freedom to worship Him!! WE ARE FREE!!” Midway Family, please extend a warm welcome to Richelle!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
A boy in the Cummings family in Spokane was very uncomfortable every time his father said grace and asked forgiveness for the family’s shortcomings. The boy thought he was the short Cummings that Daddy was concerned about!
Don’t forget your masks on Sunday! Due to the upsurge in COVID-19 cases across the state, the governor has issued a state-wide mandate that masks must be worn indoors in public places, regardless of vaccination status. For the health and safety of all, particularly those with fragile or compromised immune systems, we at Midway will follow this safety protocol. Thank you all for your consideration for one another!
Fill in the blanks using the words in the box below.
Last Sunday, Pastor Shaun preached on 1 Peter 5. He reminded us of Peter’s words in chapter 4, verse 19: “If you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on ______ what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for He will never fail you.” Pastor reminded us that Christ truly is all that we need! What an incomprehensible truth that this Christ, the Creator of the entire universe, is living in us! Paul _______ understood this. We heard over and over again at his memorial service about how Paul did not hesitate to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord. Paul chose to boast in the ____ thing that truly matters – that Jesus Christ was his Lord and was alive in him! As Pastor said, “There is nothing greater that knowing that Jesus Christ is all we need!” In our suffering, we can trust that He is able to turn back the suffering because He has all authority over it. In our troubled situations, we can trust that he can restore us because He has all ________ over troubled times. Verse 7 tells us, “___ all your cares and anxieties on Him.” Verse 9 says, “Be strong in your faith and resist the prowling devil, remembering that believers all over the world are going through the same kind of sufferings you are.” Because we believe in an all-powerful, _______ God, it is for us to trust in Him and continue steadfastly in His Word, knowing He will sustain us!
|authority Hanson almighty doing one Cast|
SUMMER YOUTH GROUP!
The youth group is meeting twice a month throughout the summer. Our next meeting is Wednesday, August 25, from 3-5 p.m. Invite a friend! J
WOMEN’S RETREAT AT CASCADES CAMP
The 2021 women’s retreat will be held September 17-19 at Cascades Camp in Yelm. If you are planning to attend, please note the following precautions due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases and the Delta variant spread:
(1) There will be a health check-in at registration, including showing a record of vaccination.
(2) The Women’s Retreat Camp Staff recommend unvaccinated individuals protect themselves and reduce the risk to others by not attending this year’s retreat.
(3) Masks will be worn during indoor gatherings.
(4) If you have already registered and decide not to attend, Cascades Camp will refund your registration fees.
1. Pray for those among us who are sick.
2. Pray for health and safety for our communities’ first responders.
3. Continue to pray for our nation and leaders.
August 22: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Jonah 1:1-17
August 29: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Jonah 2:1-10
September 5: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Jonah 3:1-10
September 12: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Jonah 4:1-11
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School upstairs at 10:30 a.m.
- Discipleship Lunch Group: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines