NEW SERMON SERIES!
In this new sermon series, we will be looking together at the spiritual gifts that are listed in Romans 12:3-8. This four-week series explores the role of spiritual gifts in the church and in believers’ lives. Looking at what gifts are for will help us as believers to gain a better understanding of the importance of spiritual gifts—both what they are and why they are important in the Body of Christ.
- Sunday, May 16 – Leadership Team Meeting!
- Sunday, May 23 – Pentecost Sunday!
PENTECOST SUNDAY IS ALMOST HERE!
The festival of Pentecost commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus Christ while they were in Jerusalem celebrating the Feast of Weeks. What a joy it will be to come together on Sunday, May 23, with four sister churches—Ministerio, Bridge of Grace, City of Rain, Spirit of Truth and Worship—to celebrate the birth of the early church through the power of the Holy Spirit. Remember that the service time is different—it will be at 11:00 a.m. Let’s continue to pray and prepare our hearts for this day of rejoicing together!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
- TOP BUNK: where you should never put a child wearing Superman pajamas.
- OWW: the first word spoken by children with older siblings.
- FEEDBACK: the inevitable result when your baby doesn’t appreciate the strained carrots.
- FULL NAME: what you call your child when you’re upset with them.
- PUDDLE: a small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes into it.
- Pray for patience and compassion for all of us as we continue to follow Covid-19 safety measures to protect the health and safety of one another. Pray for those areas around the world where Covid-19 is still raging.
- Continue to pray for protection and wisdom for the first responders in our communities (police officers, firefighters, EMTs).
- Pray for the Leadership Team meeting on Sunday, May 16.
CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
Just a reminder that children will be meeting upstairs for Sunday School. They will go to class immediately after the children’s blessing prayer. In keeping with Covid-19 protocol, masks will be worn to protect both the children and the adult helpers.
- May 16: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 12:3-8
- May 23: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Romans 12:3-8
- May 30: Rev. Shaun Higgins, 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
- June 6: Rev. Shaun Higgins, Ephesians 4:7-16
CHURCH & OFFICE INFORMATION
- The Church Office is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Office phone number: 206-878-4861 // Office email: email@example.com
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary (or online at live.midcov.org)
- Children’s Sunday School upstairs at 10:30 a.m.
- Women’s Discipleship Lunch Group: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study Breakfast Group: Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. at Tuscany’s in Des Moines
- The Clothing Bank is closed.