Position Title: Office Assistant, Part-Time
Reports To: Lead Pastor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Summary of Position: Under the general supervision of the Lead Pastor, performs a variety of clerical, administrative, and support functions, many of a confidential and sensitive nature. Responsible for the effective and efficient functional operations of the office and serves to assist in the organizational and functional responsibilities, duties and ministry of the Lead Pastor, as well as other staff and non-staff personnel where appropriate.
- Frequently is the first church contact for people with a broad spectrum of personal and/or spiritual needs and desires
- Communicates and interacts face-to-face, by telephone, or by email, with members of the church, inquirers about the church, guests, vendors, leadership team, worship leaders and various ministry leaders on a host of topics and issues
- Email – Opens, reads, processes, organizes and follows up as necessary all non-confidential emails at least once every work day
- Telephone – Serves as receptionist and primary telephone coordinator for the office, including timely processing and follow-up of telephone messages left on the answering system
- Mail – Picks up US mail regularly and processes it, including any necessary routing and follow-up
- Creates, reproduces, and distributes various kinds of documents and materials, including, but not limited to, the weekly worship program, financial reports, registration forms, church directories, calendars
- Establishes, maintains and administers a systematic office filing system with physical and electronic files
- Maintains the Master Calendar for all Midway Community Covenant Church activities and events and coordinates on scheduling of ministry spaces
- May administer and expedite weekly registration forms, prayer requests and attendance data
- Coordinates the acquisition, repair and maintenance of office equipment and orders/purchases office supplies
- Works with IT specialist as appropriate on recent church news, announcements, and calendar of events
- Works with Bookkeeper to ensure safe management of incoming funds
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Not responsible for any paid staff, but may be called upon to direct/supervise the activities and work of one or more volunteers from time to time.
Spiritual: A Christian willing to subscribe to Midway Community Covenant Church’s Covenant Affirmations with a personal conviction that God has called him or her to serve under the leadership of Midway Community Covenant Church (A copy of Midway Community Covenant Church’s Covenant Affirmations will be provided to prospective candidates to review).
- Preferred Educational, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- High School graduate or GED
- Two to three years or more of administrative experience or transferable skills
- Strong PC and Mac skills, utilizing Word, Outlook, MS Publisher or other desktop publishing program, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with accounting programs helpful
- Comfortable with on-line communications such as blogs, Facebook, etc.
- Keyboarding (typing) speed of at least 50 words per minute
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and on multiple tasks, and comfortable with adjusting to changing priorities/needs
- Excellent organizational, coordinating and facilitating skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Able to write well
- Reliability in maintaining confidentiality
- Dependable, team-player, positive, self-motivated and teachable
- Effective and professional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain thoroughness and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Views position and role as a professional team-member with a love for God and heart for ministry
- Physical Demands:
- Frequently will be required to: Sit for long periods of time, use both hands and fingers, read documents/paper work and computer screen and be required to converse with people by telephone and in person
- Work Environment:
- Primarily in an office environment with appropriate temperature and lighting conditions
Notice: The above Position Profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties for this position. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to discuss the essential and nonessential functions of their position. The employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if he/she can safely perform the essential functions of the position. The Position Profile is intended to give an overview of the position’s general direction and scope.