Regathering with Care & Compassion On Sunday, August 23!
Thanks to the August 10 update guidelines for our State (King County is in Phase 2), we are aiming for Sunday, August 23, for our first regathering worship service! What a day of rejoicing that will be! State guidelines limit us to using 25% of our seating capacity. Following social distancing requirements, 25 seating options are available in the sanctuary. Each can accommodate a single, a couple, or small group of three.
We trust those wishing to worship in the sanctuary to make that decision based on their safety needs. They must be responsible for Self-Screening prior to coming. A temperature check will be done when they arrive. Please review the regathering protocols to learn the changes made to comply with WA State requirements. If you are in very close, “family-like” contact with another person of our church family, consider sharing a seating option. Livestreaming services will continue for the foreseeable future.
Small groups of up to 12 people can now meet at a hexagon-shaped table arrangement in the Fellowship Hall. Small group leaders would need to arrange with the Church Office for its use and commit to following all protocols approved by the Leadership Team. A binder with the protocols and Contact Tracing forms, as well as safety supplies, are stored in the Office.
The safety and health of our church family is our highest priority. As things continue to develop and courses of action change, we will remain flexible to respond to the needs of our community.
With great joy, we announce the selection of Lori-Lee Morse as Midway Covenant’s new Office Assistant! Lori-Lee has a depth of experience that makes her ideally suited for her new role. As part time Children’s Minister, she already has a working relationship with our pastors and both Pastor Deb and Pastor Shaun highly recommended her for the position. She has a heart for the community and will continue Midway’s tradition of ministering to those in need from the neighborhood. Welcome, Lori-Lee, to your new ministry!
The Church Office will be open Monday through Thursday from 10 AM to 1 PM during the shut-down period. The hours will likely increase when King County enters Phase 3. The Office phone number is 206-878-4861; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been attending Midway Covenant and have not yet joined, are you interested in becoming a member? The Inquirer’s Class is the opportunity to learn about the Evangelical Covenant Church’s Affirmations and Midway Covenant’s vision and mission within the denomination. This new members’ class will provide answers to your questions. Please contact Pastor Deb if you’d like to attend (email@example.com).
From the Leadership Team
- Update on three groups wanting to rent space at Midway Covenant
- The Congolese church needed hours we could not accommodate.
- An informal request to share our Sunday morning hours was turned down.
- The Montessori representatives chose to work with the requirements Midway Covenant had. The LT approved entering into negotiation with the Montessori school to rent four previously designated classrooms for their use. Final inspections will be conducted Monday, August 17.
- Update on Midway Future Seekers: the PacNWC Office has sent several site analysis charts to understand the community surrounding the church. These will be studied and a report given at the September 9 meeting.
- Marlys Dupleich has accepted serving as the LT’s liaison to the Clothing Bank and will be its contact for concerns related to it. She is currently working on leadership options. If you’d like to be part of this long-going ministry to our community, please contact Marlys.
- The LT approved exploring hosting a community movie night in the parking lot. If someone has a projector to either sell to the Church or lend on occasion, please contact the Church Office.
- Despite challenging times, financial giving to MCCC has remained stable. Praise God!
- Next Leadership Team meeting: September 9.
Praise & Thanks from Cascade Camp & Conference Center
Cascade Camp and Conference Center is happy to announce that it has successfully reached Phase 1 of its campaign “Mission Cascades: Hope for the Future,” raising nearly $130,000. Click here to read more of this exciting news!
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”Colossians 4:2
- Jamie – her son Calib (9 years old) – stability, being apart of his life
- Royal (4 years old) – heart condition
- Steve Allen – in the hospital with double pneumonia and a low white blood-cell count
- Betsey Grayson and Marlys Dupleich for making the first effort in updating Midway Covenant’s directory and membership list!
Aug 16 – Prison Break [Acts 12:1-24] – Pastors Deb & Shaun
The church in Jerusalem is persecuted by Herod Agrippa. God is at work despite in the midst of the persecution. The church was praying for its leaders.
Aug 23 – [Acts 12:25–13:12] – Pastor Shaun
Aug 30 – TBA
Rick Gettis, September 22
none this week….