We are involved at Midway Elementary again this year on August 24th from 11am-2pm! Multiple churches are coming together to supply backpacks, school supplies, food, stylists for haircuts, and activities for the students (face & fingernail painting, sports, games, etc) Come join in the fun and be part of this great outreach! Lots of volunteers needed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Office Manager/Outreach Coordinator
I’m happy to report that this past Saturday was a great success! We had over 30 volunteers and we were able to accomplish much. All of the 600+ backpacks are now at the school and all of the school supplies have been delivered to the classrooms. Additionally, volunteers got all of the newsletters and invite-flyers stuffed, labeled and ready for mailing. We even had some time to pull some weeds.
With the event just under two weeks away, I wanted to cover a few things with all of you.
Here is what we have enough of:
- School supplies
- Dental supplies for Hygiene Kits
Here’s what we are still in need of:
- 600 regular-sized bars of soap (I’ve asked Southminster to rally their people to provide as many as possible)
- 370 boxes of Kleenex
- 600 boxes of Bandaids
- Donation money to cover cost of 650 shirts (Thank you MCCC for your generosity!)
- Skilled volunteers for haircuts, face painting, cooking, Spanish/English translators for the Rally, August 24th
- A second day of packing Hygiene Kits (Pastor Bob, when do you want to do this?)
Please let me know how you’d like to take part in these final stages of preparation.
Thanks for your partnership!